Belvoir Art Trail will take place between Friday 4th and Monday 7th May 2018.
We already have a number of artists and venues in Bottesford confirmed including:
- Kooroon Gallery – Glenda Gibson and Invited Exhibitors
- Art and Soul Studio – Dian Harrison / Three T’s and Me, Invited Exhibitors and Art Trail applicants
- The Old School Rooms – Donna Drouin, PollyWhistle and Art Trail applicants (exhibition space, floor and table spaces available)
- The Poppy Seed Cafe, Queen Street - Art Trail applicants
- St Marys Church – Bottesford and Vale Creative Space group display
We are delighted to share that the Bottesford Methodist Chapel Annual Art Festival featuring the Vale of Belvoir arts Society (VOBAS) will also be taking place and they have agreed to be considered part of the Trail.
In addition, we are negotiating with a couple of other small spaces in Bottesford for unique display opportunities. However, we would love to grow the Trail and would welcome applications from artists living and/or working in and venues located across the Vale of Belvoir.
Whether it be an open studio, a collective exhibition at your local village hall, a display of your work in your window, a cafe with gallery space or any other exhibition idea you may have to take place over that weekend all applications will be considered.
What to expect if you get involved
- We are completely voluntary run. As such we will support exhibition artists and venues as much as we can but the responsibility for making it happen properly will remain with you (this includes insurance as necessary).
- We can offer help and advice, will try to match artists with space, coordinate some exhibitions and help make sure you are not alone in taking part.
- We will promote your inclusion as part of the Trail marketing and PR often and widely. This includes posters, programmes, leaflets and several press releases plus a dedicated website and facebook page.
- We do not expect you to put your work up for sale but encourage you to do so if you wish. We are happy to talk about pricing and have a range of experience if you wish to get feedback and support on this.
- We will require an inclusion fee £3 per artist (£10 for group shows and those that wish to take part in the art & craft fair at the Old School Rooms Bottesford). This will be used to help cover the marketing print costs, display materials (and the hire of space).
- We expect you to deliver / hang / display / take down and remove your own work and be available for at least part of the exhibition period. For certain spaces a rota will be put in place.
- We will also ask you to display posters in your local area and share the event with your contacts and via your social media.
- We will invite you to a ‘preview’ evening event on Friday 4th May to meet all the other artists and guests
(Plus we love to get together for a good chat over tea and biscuits so will look for any opportunity to do so!)
What to do if you are interested:
Email Jane Millum at Belvoirarttrail@gmail.com or by using the form on here.
Send a message via the Facebook page (including your email address) https://www.facebook.com/BelvoirArtTrail/
Or come to an exhibition at Kooroon Gallery, 2 North Crescent, Bottesford, Leicestershire, NG13 0BP from 10am to 4pm on any of the following dates and meet us in person for a chat.
2 & 3 February John Blundell Seascapes and Prophetic works
2 & 3 March - Rosa Wain Distinctive kaleidoscopic water colours